My Modern Met compiled 17 of the most eco-friendly gadgets and architectural designs of the last year. Check them out below:
- Adidas shoes made from recycled ocean plastics
- Self-regulating home aquarium/garden combo
- Car that runs on solar energy
- Highways that wirelessly charge electric cars while driving over them
- Portable wind turbines that can charge everything from your smartphone to your car
- Showerhead that covers more surface area with less water
- Pocket-sized greenhouse that acts as an air purifier
- Micro-shelters that allow for living or camping with solar power, wind power, and water collection filtration.
- New “Green Houses”
- Lamps that run on salt water
- Skateboard-Stroller combo for new family transportation and fun
- Carbon-positive (creates more energy than used) housing made of recycled materials
- Eco-friendly wood furniture
- Underground homes
- Urban farming in eco-friendly retirement homes
- Cedar pencils with seed capsules in place of an eraser that can be planted instead of thrown away
- Floating rubbish bins for ocean clean-up
I contacted Tugg for the rights of the move and they referred me to the original production company for the non-theatrical rights. I have sent follow-ups but still no reply.
I am becoming quite concerned with the lack of response. As soon as I can make contact, everything should fall into place. However, I am worried they will not get back to me in time for green week.