Presentation talking points and review of book
Nature as a landscape
- nature enclosed
- 18th century parks and gardens
- parks and gardens in the us vs back then
Reassessments of nature Romantic and ecological
- polution getting into nature in the early 19th century
- idea of solid ground of nature and the “nobel savage”
- mountain glory travelers would hide in there garage to avoid seeing the mountains in between cities.
- Kant would search for only sublime backdrops and locations
- nature has no worth independent of human judgment
- darwinism ecology and nature
- the origin of species and how man has impacted evolution
- Disunited colours of nature
- similarities between deep ecologists and the Nazi ideology
- Nature Capitalism and socialism
- commodification of nature
- working class engaging in nature and using it as a reprieve from work.
the future of nature.
- where is it heading where do you see the earth in the future
- difference between nature and wilderness.
- the morality of earth and the end of nature.
- tampering with biotechnology cloning genetic engineering
- nature of animals, they are smart and have thought, can communicate, have emotions, dreams and desires.
- post modernist chalanges.